Chastleton Medical Group Important Notice
We are in the process of changing our clinical system. From Friday 20th November to Wednesday 26th November 2014 the online system for repeat prescriptions and online appointments will not be available.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
Welcome to Chastleton Medical Group Online
This surgery website is used to present all our patients with up to date news and information about our practice. We will keep it current with any developments or other details that we feel are relevant to you.
As well as a source of information about our practice, the staff and the services we provide, we hope you will use this website as a useful resource for other health-related information.
Flu Vaccinations 2014
In 2014/2015 the following people are eligible for flu vaccinations:
· Those aged 65 years and over
· Those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical at risk groups including those with chronic respiratory disease, chronic heart disease, chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease, chronic neurological disease, diabetes, immunosuppression, asplenia or dysfunction of the spleen.
· Pregnant women
· All 2, 3 and 4 year olds
· Those in long-stay residential care homes
For further information on the flu vaccination for adults please follow the link below: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/flu-influenza-vaccine.aspx
For further information on the flu vaccination for children please follow the link below:
If you would like to receive your flu vaccination please contact the surgery on 0191 3846171 for an appointment.
Alternatively, we will be holding a Walk In Flu Clinic on Monday 10th November 2014 between 1pm and 3.30pm (no appointment necessary).
Weekend Opening Hours
To reduce pressure on the local health services during the winter Chastleton Medical Group will be open on a Saturday morning starting from Saturday 4th October 2014 to Saturday 28th March 2015.
The surgery will be open from 8am to 1pm and will have one doctor available. The service is accessible to all patients and should be used for urgent but non-emergency care.
What will this mean for patients?
- Pre-bookable appointments for the Saturday morning will be available via the practice on a Friday.
- During the weekend you will be able to gain access to this service by contacting NHS 111.
- If you contact 111 during the weekend you may be re-directed to the practice if it is clinically appropriate.
- If you arrive at the Emergency Department you may be re-directed to the practice if it is clinically appropriate.
When ordering repeat medication on-line, please check the date that the medication is due to ensure the prescription can be processed by the surgery.
(Site updated 31/10/2014)